Smart home ready
With our seamless system, you can easily manage your blinds using a remote control, a mobile app, or even through vocal commands.
Block pesky insects
Use our system to easily control your outdoor blinds that serve the dual purpose of providing shade and keeping insects at bay.
Block out wind
Our outdoor blinds are specially designed to stand up against strong winds, providing durability and stability in all weather conditions.
Made in Australia
Our outdoor blinds are proudly manufactured right here in Australia, showcasing exceptional local quality and craftsmanship.
Smart home ready
Block pesky insects
Block out wind
Made in Australia
Why Choose an Outdoor Roller Blind or Screen?
- Up to 85% light control & shade factor
- Up to 95% heat control & UV block
- Reduce energy consumption all year round
- Daytime privacy
- Each screen is tailor made to the customers exact specifications
- A wide range of fabric colours to suit even the most discerning critic
- Colorbond pelmets available in a wide range of colours
- European design and flair made tough in Australia
Outdoor roller blinds and screens will significantly reduce your energy consumption and extend the lifetime of carpets, furniture and flooring. Outdoor Roller Screens incorporate a PVC coated high tensile polyester mesh designed for all outdoor applications. With high UV and water resistance characteristics, makes this the ideal fabric for all weather conditions. Engineered as a high-tech woven product, the fabric breathes allowing continuous airflow and ventilation in and out of your home whilst keeping insects and debris out.
The fabric is scratch and water resistant, it leaves no watermarks after rain, and due to its PVC base, dust and dirt can easily be washed away. Your Roller Screens can be functional all year round. Not only during the warmer months, but also the cooler months. By fully retracting the screen, it allows the radiant suns natural winter warmth into your home. It not only creates a great warm ambience but also reduces your heating and energy costs, The Roller Screens retract in the neat roll formed steel head box.
Outdoor roller blinds and screens are operated by state of the art remote control tubular motors and manual crank operation. For total ease of use group controlling is also compatible.
|1||Left end cap 100, White (K)||15||Read guide, White|
|2||Right end cap 100, White (K)||16||Charge profile, White|
|3a||Gaviota Simbac motor lateral support||17||ø 22 sleel effort bar|
|3b||Somfy motor lateral support||18a||10x4mm. self-adhesive neoprene (K)|
|4||Lateral support 50 (K)||18b||Double zip roll 50m|
|5a||Adaptor cap for pulley, 78tube (K)||19||4m. cutted nal(K)|
|5b||Adaptor cap for pulley, 70tube (K)||20||Hexagonal screw M4x25 Din-912 Stainless Steel A4 (K)|
|6||Fixation ring (K)||21||Screw M4x10 Din-7985 Stainless Steel A2 (K)|
|7||Stopper for charge profile, White (K)||22||Screw M4x8 Din-965 Stainless Steel A4 (K)|
|8||Left cap for guide, White (K)||23||Square nut M4 Din-562 Stainless Steel A2 (K)|
|9||Right cap for guide, White (K)||24||Screw ø 3, 5×32 Din-7982 Stainless Steel A2 (K)|
|10||Entry guide (K)||25||Screw ø 3,5×6 Din-7981 Stainless Steel A2 (K)|
|11||Closing profile, PVC fabric||26||Screw ø 3,5×16 Din-7982 Stainless Steel A2 (K)|
|12||Box profile, White||27||Screw ø 4,2×16 Din-7982 Stainless Steel A2 (K)|
|13||Frontal profile, White||28||Screw ø 2,9×9, 5 Din-7981 Stainless Steel A2 (K)|
|14||Frontal guide, White|
Lock & Spring
The UNIZIP lock has been designed to fit into the existing bottom rail which can be interchanged between the UNIZIP 100 and the UNIZIP 130. Designed with minimal moving parts and a small handle to ensure the stylish design of your outdoor entertainment area.
Motor & Remote
The UNIZIP Motorized System offers a convenient and modern alternative to traditional locking mechanisms. Engineered to be compatible with both the UNIZIP 100 and the UNIZIP 130, this system allows seamless transition, giving homeowners the freedom to upgrade with no alterations to the existing structure.
The UNIZIP Crank Operated System provides a manually controlled yet efficient solution to suit both the UNIZIP 100 and the UNIZIP 130 models. Easily swapped in for the existing bottom rail, this system ensures compatibility and flexibility without the need for major adjustments to your outdoor structure.
Request a quote
The Smartec Shutter improves your indoor comfort and security. Ideal for typical home openings up to 3.6m in width.
Optimise your business security with our larger roller shutter profiles. Ideal for commercial entrances up to 5m in width.
Enhance your homes fire protection with our BAL-40 rated extruded roller shutter. Take no chances this summer and protect your home.
frequently asked questions
While both outdoor roller screens and outdoor roller blinds are designed to provide shade and protection from the elements, there are some key differences between the two.
- Material: Outdoor roller screens are typically made from a mesh material that allows air to flow through, while still blocking the sun’s rays. Outdoor roller blinds, on the other hand, are usually made from a solid material such as vinyl or polyester.
- Transparency: Outdoor roller screens offer varying levels of transparency depending on the mesh density, whereas outdoor roller blinds typically provide complete privacy.
- Durability: Outdoor roller screens are generally more durable than outdoor roller blinds as they are made from materials that can withstand harsh weather conditions such as wind, rain and sun exposure. Roller blinds may require more maintenance and repair if exposed to extreme weather.
- Functionality: Outdoor roller screens can be used as an insect barrier as well as sun protection. Roller blinds do not provide insect protection unless specified.
Ultimately, the choice between an outdoor roller screen and an outdoor roller blind will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Outdoor roller screens are a good option if you want to maintain your outdoor views while blocking the sun’s rays and keeping insects out. Outdoor roller blinds are ideal for complete privacy, protection against harsh weather conditions and can be used to create a more intimate and cosy outdoor area.
An outdoor roller screen is a type of window covering that serves several functions, including:
- Sun protection: Outdoor roller screens are designed to block out sunlight and harmful UV rays, making them ideal for outdoor spaces that receive a lot of direct sunlight. This can help reduce heat buildup and make outdoor areas more comfortable to use.
- Privacy: Outdoor roller screens can also provide privacy by blocking the view of passersby or neighbors. This is especially useful for homes or businesses that are located in busy areas or close to other properties.
- Insect protection: Outdoor roller screens can also help keep insects and other pests out of outdoor living spaces, making them more comfortable and enjoyable to use.
- Energy savings: By blocking out the sun’s rays, outdoor roller screens can also help reduce energy consumption by lowering cooling costs in the summer months.
Overall, the function of an outdoor roller screen is to provide a versatile and practical solution for enhancing the comfort and usability of outdoor living spaces.
Installing outdoor blinds can bring several benefits to your home, including:
- Privacy: Outdoor blinds provide privacy for you and your family, allowing you to enjoy your outdoor spaces in comfort.
- Sun protection: Outdoor blinds provide shade and protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays, reducing the risk of sunburn and skin damage.
- Temperature regulation: Outdoor blinds can help regulate the temperature inside your home by blocking hot or cold air from entering and exiting, leading to improved comfort and reduced energy consumption.
- Style and appearance: Outdoor blinds are available in a range of styles and colours, and can enhance the appearance of your home and outdoor spaces.
- Increased property value: Installing outdoor blinds can improve the value of your home by adding functional and aesthetic value to your outdoor spaces.
- Increased outdoor living space: Outdoor blinds provide an extension of your indoor living space, allowing you to enjoy your outdoor spaces in comfort and style.
Outdoor blinds can be installed on various outdoor areas such as patios, decks, balconies, verandahs, pergolas, and gazebos. However, the suitability of the blinds for a specific outdoor area depends on several factors, such as the structure of the area, its location, and the intended use of the blinds.
It is recommended to seek the advice of a professional to determine the suitability and proper installation of the blinds for your specific outdoor area.
Yes, outdoor blinds are available in a variety of s and materials such as fabric, canvas, or PVC.
To choose the ideal style and material for outdoor blinds, consider the following factors:
- Purpose: Do you need the blinds for privacy, sun protection, or decoration?
- Climate: Consider the climate in your area and the level of weather resistance you need.
- Budget: Different materials have different price points.
- Aesthetics: Choose a style and material that complements the overall design of your outdoor space.
- Maintenance: Some materials require more maintenance than others.
- Durability: Consider the level of durability you need and choose a material that can withstand regular use and outdoor conditions.
Outdoor blinds can be cleaned with a mild detergent and a soft brush. They should be lubricated periodically to ensure smooth operation and to prolong the life of the blinds.
To clean and maintain your outdoor blinds:
- Dust regularly: Use a soft, damp cloth or vacuum attachment to remove dust and debris.
- Spot clean: For spills and stains, clean immediately using a mild soap solution and a soft cloth.
- Wash periodically: Depending on the material and frequency of use, outdoor blinds may need to be washed every few months.
- Protect from the elements: When not in use, protect outdoor blinds from extreme weather conditions like heavy rain and strong winds.
- Store properly: When not in use, roll up and store outdoor blinds in a dry, protected area.
- Check for damage: Regularly inspect your outdoor blinds for any signs of damage and repair as needed.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions: Always follow the manufacturer’s specific cleaning and maintenance instructions for your outdoor blinds.
Outdoor blinds can be operated in various ways, depending on the type of system installed:
- Manual: Some outdoor blinds use a manual system, such as a crank or pull cord, to raise and lower the blinds.
- Motorized: Some outdoor blinds have a motorized system, operated by remote control or wall switch.
- Automated: Automated outdoor blinds can be set to open and close at specific times or in response to external factors like sun exposure or wind.
- Cordless: Some outdoor blinds use a cordless mechanism, such as a spring or tension system, to operate the blinds.
Regardless of the system, always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for safe and proper operation of your outdoor blinds.
Whether you can install outdoor blinds yourself or need a professional depends on several factors:
- Experience: If you have experience in home improvement projects, installing outdoor blinds may be a DIY project. However, if you have limited experience, it is best to consult with a professional.
- Type of system: Some outdoor blind systems are easier to install than others. Simple manual systems may be easy to install, while more complex automated systems may require professional installation.
- Tools and equipment: Outdoor blinds require specific tools and equipment for installation. If you do not have these tools, a professional may be required.
- Safety: Some outdoor blind installations require working at heights, which can be dangerous. Consider your safety and the safety of others when deciding whether to install outdoor blinds yourself.
- Warranty: Some outdoor blind systems have warranties that may be void if the blinds are not installed by a professional.
In general, if you are unsure about your ability to install outdoor blinds, it is best to consult with a professional for a safe and successful installation.
Yes, outdoor blinds can be energy efficient. They can help regulate the temperature in your outdoor space by providing shade and insulation from the sun, wind, and other elements. This can reduce the need for heating or cooling and reduce your energy costs.
For maximum energy efficiency, choose outdoor blinds made from materials with good insulation properties, such as canvas or polyester. Consider automated or motorized systems that allow you to easily adjust the blinds for optimal energy efficiency. Also, choose outdoor blinds with a high level of sun protection, such as those with a high UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) rating.